We shopped till we dropped



Posted by VQT

Great day in Santiago.  Perfect weather - but maybe a little too hot?  There’s nothing worse than being here after completing a Camino and it’s raining.  So much of the post celebration is to sit outside at a cafe and see people you’ve met along the way or just others celebrating and if it’s raining you can’t be outside. So a little bit hot is much better than rain  

We headed out this morning with a shopping list and we successfully purchased everything on it plus a few extra things.  I have a ceramic tile refrigerator magnet collection that I started in 2022.  This year I added substantially to it.  Our backpacks are stuffed to capacity- it’s a good thing we do not have to carry them very far to the train station. 

Photo: 5 new magnet   

Photo: 6 new magnets.

Photo: LP, VQT and Shawna from Australia.  Shawna had a suitcase shipped to Santiago filled with glamorous clean clothes. 

Photo: Anthony & Andrea from VA, LP and VQT. 

I met this couple days ago.  I asked where they were from and they said, “VA”.  I told them I was from Atlanta, GA and in the global community of the Camino that made us neighbors.  Saw them coming into Santiago this afternoon - Andrea just wanted to go to their hotel (she was limping and obviously in pain) but I convinced them to go to the Cathedral plaza - that it was only steps away and a photo dressed in their walking attire would mean so much to them later. 

We have an electric kettle in our room and tea bags!  Tomorrow morning we’ll have tea while we finish packing then head to the train station.  

Comments

  1. Wonderful! Thanks for taking time to share these incredible memories!! Safe travels:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I’d see you excited about shopping after your journey! Heading out for your trip home…Enjoy the ride !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing the Circle

Parting thoughts.

Another circle closed