Today’s walk

 Posted by VQT

I started walking at 8:00.  After 14 miles I reached tonight’s hotel at 3:00.  For the first hour and a half I saw no one else.  I was starting to think I’d made a wrong turn when another person appeared.  The path went through a wooded area next to a rushing stream.  Along the stream banks were the remains of grain mills. 

About 60% of today’s walk was along a stream or a river.  Very pleasant walking.  I walked solo for all of today with the exception of a passing word or two with other Camino people.  Makes for a long day.  

Here are a few photos. 

Photo: Stone foundation of an old mill 
 
 
Photo: Remains of another stone mill house. 

I didn’t count how many of these mill houses I walked by but I’d guess at least a dozen.  

Photo: Creek that runs by and under the old mill houses. 


Photo: Workers harvesting grapes. 

Saw so many vineyards being harvested. 

Photo: Snails on a stone column. 


Comments

  1. 💚 kudos for 14 Miles! I know the streams and rivers were very pleasant! Continue to enjoy your journey. Best ROBBIE💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grape harvest will be vino tinto for you two next year. Cheers. PN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snails. So many of them! Another incredible walk. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What’s in the mi houses.? Did you peak in?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I’ve met some nice taxi drivers

A series of unfortunate events

Day 1. August 25