Today’s walk

 Posted by VQT

I started walking at 8:00.  After 14 miles I reached tonight’s hotel at 3:00.  For the first hour and a half I saw no one else.  I was starting to think I’d made a wrong turn when another person appeared.  The path went through a wooded area next to a rushing stream.  Along the stream banks were the remains of grain mills. 

About 60% of today’s walk was along a stream or a river.  Very pleasant walking.  I walked solo for all of today with the exception of a passing word or two with other Camino people.  Makes for a long day.  

Here are a few photos. 

Photo: Remains of an old stone mill house. 

Photo: Another stone mill house. 

I didn’t count how many of these mill houses I walked by but I’d guess at least a dozen.  

Photo: Creek. 

Photo: Grape harvest.  Saw so many vineyards being harvested. 

Photo: Snails on a stone column.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing the Circle

Another circle closed

Parting thoughts.