The Spiritual Way

 Posted by VQT

Headed out of Pontevedra with “the hoards”.  Learned later that it’s the last week of summer break for college kids.  I think the majority decided to walk the Portuguese Way.  So glad we had decided to walk the Spiritual Way variant - at the split the majority of “ the hoard” stayed on the Camino path.  

It was a rural peaceful walk to the Monasterio de Poio  

Photo: Pamphlet showing the Spiritual Way. 

Photo: Road sign at the trail split.  

Met a woman later that missed this sign and walked about 30 minutes too far on the Camino path and had to turn around. 

Photo: Sign post of the Spiritual Way. 

Photo: Spiritual Way directional signs.  


Photo: Wooded pathway through ferns. 

Photo: A small church I passed.  



Comments

  1. Good choice! That fern path looks a little small. I would think I was going the wrong way, but it looks like they have great signage. Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you escaped the wandering herd. Your path looks much more peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spiritual way appears to be very peaceful and pleasant as stated. Continue to be safe and enjoy your journey! Best ROBBIE💚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing the Circle

Another circle closed

Parting thoughts.