Final Thoughts and Photos
Posted by VQT
![]() |
| Photo: Bird House |
It was a challenging Camino in several ways.
It was the first time I had to walk one whole day in a torrential rain. And other days in rain for part of the day. There’s wet and then there’s miserable wet. It was miserable wet.
We had one of the worst hotel rooms ever. Not only was the room inadequate but the locals partied outside our room all night. Seriously it didn’t stop until around 6:30 am.
I had to walk solo. I didn’t like it but I did it! Everyday I missed having my Camino friend with me. I’m so thankful that LP was willing to taxi everyday so I could complete this walk. I know taking a taxi was not fun or how she envisioned her Camino experience. On the Spiritual Variant I saw some of the prettiest scenery (we’ve seen pretty scenery on our prior Caminos but this was really pretty). I often wished LP was there to see it too.
Don’t know what the future holds for us but maybe once LP heals she’d be willing to do just one more Camino. Count me in.
![]() |
| Photo: LP and her overstuffed backpack |
![]() |
| Photo: VQT and her overstuffed backpack. |
![]() |
| Photo: LP in front of Santiago train station. |




Wishing you a very calm travel day with time to enjoy the final moments of your trip!
ReplyDeleteSafe travels home!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your journey with us....a braving so much!! Kudos to you both.
ReplyDeleteHave a smooth trip home. PN
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on completing your journey! Sorry about the rainy and wet conditions and uncomfortable sleep conditions yes! Very glad LP was able to Taxi and be with you. thank you both for sharing your journey and best wishes. Best Robbie safe travels home.๐๐
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing Camino! It’s funny how the Camino gives you and how it works out, even though it’s not what you planned. Looks like you both had a great times. Your Greenhouse after Camino gathering brings back memories. Can’t wait to see your next Camino! ๐ฅฐ
ReplyDeleteSo glad y’all are home ! Look forward to seeing you both and hearing more stories. Thank you for sharing your trip.
ReplyDeleteSara
Congrats to both of you, I love the determination from you both ๐
ReplyDeleteBe glad to have you back!! Glad you’re safe and basking in the glow of this accomplishment!!! I admire and respect you !!!
ReplyDeleteCM
ReplyDelete