Day 13. Sunday Sept 6
Posted by VQT
I skipped day 12 which was Saturday’s boat pilgrimage.
What a day!!!
Last night the local teenagers or college kids had an all night party in the courtyard outside our hotel. Hotel was not air conditioned and was sweltering hot so we had the windows open. They weren’t open for long. Even closing the windows couldn’t block the noise. I’m assuming Spain doesn’t have a noise ordinance???
So when the alarm rang at 6:15 am for me to get up and go walk 15 miles I didn’t exactly jump up. But I was so outraged by the total lack of consideration of the partiers that I wanted away from there.
It was a cool morning and I hoped to get through many miles before the sun came out.
Photo. Large graffiti of a Camino pilgrim and his trusty dog.When I left the horrible hotel it was dark. Found a couple that were walking a great pace so dropped in behind them for a couple of hours. Walking before sunrise is cooler but I feel you miss out on a lot that you can’t see. Had met a woman named Ann from the UK just the day before and with 6 miles to go there she was and we walked together the rest of the way into Santiago.
It was a 15 mile day that I walked in 5.5 hours. LP was in the plaza at the cathedral. It was so great seeing her there but bittersweet that she wasn’t able to walk into Santiago with me.
After a quick photo at the Cathedral I went and got my Compostela. Had a celebratory beer. Now at our hotel that’s air conditioned and upscale compared to most places we stayed at so I’m very happy.
I’m also happy that I don’t have to go walk tomorrow except to shop and eat.



Love the dogs! Have fun shopping and eating. Much deserved respite.
ReplyDelete