A peaceful walk
Posted by VQT
The walk to Ponteverda was mainly on forest paths. It was shady and cool. Vigo which we were in a few days ago is the starting point for many on the Portuguese Way - it’s the shortest distance you can walk to get a Compostela in Santiago. So there are a lot more people walking. The increase in people brings an increase in roadside vendors - trinkets and food
Walking into the city I saw so many, mainly young, walkers sitting on the curb and up a long driveway. I stopped and asked a young woman what they were waiting for. She told me, “a bed in the Albergue”. This Albergue has 86 beds and I’d guess there were more than 86 in line. Wish I’d taken a photo. Thankful LP and I have resources that allow us to make reservations for a private room.
Arrived at our hotel and found LP. The hotel would not let anyone check in until 3:00 so we went in search of a beer. Finally checked in. Nap time for me then a quick shower. Off to find dinner. Had tacos - corn tortilla with melted cheese, sautéed onions, canned corn and fresh sliced avocado with guacamole. For us, as vegetarians, these were so good.




It’s awesome we have resources for a private room. Dinner sounds yummy!!
ReplyDeleteWhat if there’s not a room available for all those waiting? Or are there enough beds in town? Hope you had a good night’s sleep 💤
ReplyDelete