Our first day of walking

 Posted by VQT

After a great breakfast at our hotel we set out on our walk.  Sites along the way.  

Photo: Sea horses, large Christmas balls and white streamers. 

What is it about beach towns?  No matter where there’s always some tackiness.  Makes us laugh?  Maybe that’s good enough?  No explanation needed!  

Photo: Stuffed kiwi bird with I❤️NZ 


A screen along the walk where people tie all kinds of souvenirs from their homes.  

Photo. Green alien charm. 


I have to admit I wanted to steal this one - not to keep for myself but to send to my friend PP.  Just to clarify the above post I said, “souvenirs from their homes”.  I don’t know if an alien visited the Camino but you decide on your own…

Photo: LP sitting with Atlantic Ocean in the background.  
A collection of fantastic whirly gigs made from plastic bottles.  These bypassed tacky and were art.  


Photo: LP on boardwalk. 


It seemed like we walked miles on these elevated boardwalks in the blazing hot sun.  LP of course is wearing long sleeves, a vest and a scarf - I’d have had a heat stroke.  

Photo: Interior of a church we stopped at. 


Photo: LP and VQT walking into a church. 


Photo: A cafe bar/restaurant owner hand painting souvenir rocks. 


Three years ago we stopped here for a beer.  Today we recognized the place and Linda reminded him of his gift he’d given us 3 years ago.  He stopped waiting on customers to paint rocks for all 5 of us.  

Photo: Bar owner painting a rock as we all watched. 


Teilani collects rocks so now she has a special Camino rock for her collection.  Perfect.  

Walking with the 3 young people today was a special treat.  Helped us make it through all those miles.  


Comments

  1. Everyone is so nice there. How wonderful. Enjoy! Can’t wait to see the painted Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing start! I was wondering how cold it was…. I’m with you V….i would’ve had a heat stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! I was thinking it must be on the chilly side after seeing LPs pic in her scarf and vest! Happy first walking day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the recycled plastic bottles. I know you will cherish your rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tacky… Lol. Very interesting art! Continue to enjoy your journey journey. Best, ROBBIE💚💚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I’ve met some nice taxi drivers

A series of unfortunate events

Day 1. August 25