Just 1 more snarky comment

 Posted by VQT

Photo: starting end of bridge.  

Photo: Ending end of bridge.  

Photo: info on the bridge.  

This is what we had to walk across to get to Viana do Castelo.  I don’t care that Eiffel designed it.  It’s terrifying to pedestrians.  There’s a narrow walkway protected from speeding vehicles by pylons a quarter  the size of a swimming noodle and spaced 4 to 5 feet apart. And there’s a train underneath that shakes the whole structure when it crosses.  The wind was blowing so I took off my ball cap so it wouldn’t blow away - then my hair was blowing across my face (at least it screened the terrifying view).  

Leaving we head away from the bridge so don’t have to cross it again.  


Comments

  1. I would have NEVER crossed this bridge. Cab time.!!!! You are funny - describing the adventure. I can visualize it and hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the bridge terror is a real thing. My eyes water when need to drive over a particularly long or high bridge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are we there yet?

Day 2. Sept 2nd

Closing the Circle