I’ve met some nice taxi drivers
Posted by LP
Photo - green glass and metal fish decor (in restaurant)
Circumstances have conspired against me completing this Camino - I am sad that I won’t be walking along, taking photos of green doors, complaining about my feet, being passed by other (younger, faster) pilgrims…..not on this particular Camino anyway - I simply have not sufficiently recovered from my various 2026 health issues to make to Santiago on my own steam - nonetheless I will make it there with the help of taxi drivers (who are very happy to converse with me, even though we are not both speaking the same language!), and the support and assistance of VQT - but don’t worry, I am not missing out on the fun parts, I am all for celebrating VQT’s walking achievements at the end of each day 💚

Well darn! I’ll miss the green doors but am glad you are taking care of your feet and other body parts! There are plenty more walks to be had in the future. Have an even more terrific time with all the fun parts of the trip!
ReplyDeleteI know you’re bummed about it but as you say you have the fun parts. Love the fish! PN
ReplyDeleteI’m glad you are putting your health first! I bet you will still see some great places and have fun! It will just be a different sort of adventure…. Enjoy! Pamela
ReplyDeleteAhh Linda, please take care of yourself and I am sure you will still have fun xx
ReplyDeleteSo sorry LP! I am glad that you are listening to your body and not overextending yourself. Still an adventure!
ReplyDeleteI'm so very sorry to hear this. I know how important this walk is to you. I know VQT understands that as well. Enjoy the vino 🍷 along the way to Santigo.
ReplyDeleteI’m so sorry you are not walking the entire Way but I think greeting VQT each day is great fun! Anticipating what she experienced and then hearing about it when she arrives! And you are canvassing the town and having new adventures!
ReplyDelete