I’m between oh my god and it’s okay

 Posted by VQT

After 4 Caminos we know that it takes several days to get past the initial aches and pains.  I think I’m at that stage or at least I hope so.  

Today I left the hotel at 7:30 and saw no one until I walked into a cafe an hour later.  And the 4 Camino walkers there were all women. And the person that walked in after me was a woman.  People are expressing concern that I’m going solo - it’s very safe for women.  (Like anywhere there’s always the possibility of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.).  

There was a very long and steep uphill about 2 hours into the walk.  Later in the afternoon I met two young women who were stopping for the day because they were exhausted from the earlier uphill.  Even though I felt their pain I had miles to go.  Remember it’s a pilgrimage you’re supposed to suffer!   

Here are some photos.  

Photo: A friendly goat. 


Photo: a painted rock showing a bird on a branch.  

So charming. 

Photo: Large carnival (?) animals peering over a fence.  I have no explanation - just found this amusing. 

Photo: Ginormous hydrangea blooms.  

Photo: a beautiful church.  

Finally arrived at our hotel.  The check in was at the bar.  I checked in and ordered 2 beers.  LP was outside on the patio.  We enjoyed those beers and ordered more.  We didn’t quite drink the bar out of beer like the Scottish soccer fans in Boston but we were impressive.  

 I’m Camino “clean” and we now need to go find dinner. 
 
Tomorrow looks shorter and easier.  


Comments

  1. Fantastic photos as usual! Glad you have that right day behind you. And hope you are at the “it’s ok” phase going forward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are we there yet?

Day 2. Sept 2nd

Closing the Circle