Posted by LP Photo - green glass and metal fish decor (in restaurant) Circumstances have conspired against me completing this Camino - I am sad that I won’t be walking along, taking photos of green doors, complaining about my feet, being passed by other (younger, faster) pilgrims…..not on this particular Camino anyway - I simply have not sufficiently recovered from my various 2026 health issues to make to Santiago on my own steam - nonetheless I will make it there with the help of taxi drivers (who are very happy to converse with me, even though we are not both speaking the same language!), and the support and assistance of VQT - but don’t worry, I am not missing out on the fun parts, I am all for celebrating VQT’s walking achievements at the end of each day 💚
Post by LP If you are reading this, we thank you - it means you are one of the many family and friends interested enough in our trip, our faithful supporters, to pay attention to our photos and ramblings - you are, therefore, much appreciated 💚 Can you bloody believe it?…..we are off on another Camino - I have had a “series of unfortunate events” these past 6 months that have threatened my capacity to take on the rigors of long distance walking, but with the help of several doctors and physical therapists, the encouragement of family and friends, here I am with just a little bit of a limp and (mostly) ready for another Camino adventure :) The photo is of the covers of our guide books - the first section of the trip is the Camino Portuguese, 175 miles from Porto to Santiago de Compostela, the second is a further 75 miles from Santiago to Finisterre via Muxia and the Costa du Morte - what you cannot see in the photo is the sections of the guide books of routes we are not taking, th...
Photo: Church bell tower under viaduct. Today is called “easy” in our guidebook. It is flat but it is 15 miles. We head to Esposende along boardwalks passing beaches, sand dunes and old windmills. Esposende was a village in 1572. It’s been welcoming pilgrims since 1579. We’ll take it slow and steady today. Not that we are ever very fast. Saw many Camino people yesterday so hoping to meet and talk to some as we put one foot in front of the other…
Catching up on your photos today. They're all great! Hope y'all are doing well and tell Ernest hello from me.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. The running with the bulls sculpture is amazing!
ReplyDeleteKarolyn